You want to have an easy way to run online meetings/classes in your courses?
The good news!
There is a fabulous simple and elegant option available for you to use called Zoom. You can use this in your Open LMS by:
- Create a free Basic Zoom account
- Use either a ‘URL’ or ‘External tool’ activity in Moodle to add a session to your course
See the attached document for how to add a Zoom session to your Open LMS courses.
Features of the free Basic account
- You can have sessions with up to 100 other people
- One-to-one sessions have unlimited time
- Sessions with 3 to 100 people have a limit of 40 minutes (you can start another session if you need longer)
- Unlimited sessions
- Breakout rooms
- Record your sessions on your computer
- Save chat comments
- There is limited recording in the logs of student participation – the logs show that the student has viewed the activity
Business or Education accounts are available if you want more control and features.
Please log a ticket if you have further queries.
Features of Business or Education accounts
- Unlimited session times, ie you are not limited to 40 minutes
- Cloud recording is available (although this may be an expensive option)
- You can use the ‘Zoom meeting’ activity plugin for better control and logging student activity