Each SCORM package is a zip file.
If you want to update the SCORM package (zip file) in Moodle, you simply need to double-check that the "identifier" is the same between versions of the SCORM package. If the 'identifier' is not the same, then you can lose the dates of completion for previous attempts.
To do this:
- Open the SCORM zip
- Double click on imsmanifest.xml
- This is an XML file. It should open in a text editor (for example Notepad or Sublime Text). If not you may need to copy it out of the zip and then open Notepad and use it to open the file.
- Once you get the file open look for the section near the top that starts with <manifest .....
- The relevant information is the "identifier". It will be something like:
- As long as the identifier in the new SCORM package matches the identifier of the previous version of the SCORM package there will be no issue with previous records in Moodle.
- If the identifier is different in the new SCORM package you can update it to make sure it's the same.
- Some applications (such as Articulate Storyline) allow you to set this identifier when you export the SCORM.