The most common causes of slower page load time is having large images or video on the page.
With images and video, you could improve your PLT by:
- use a screen capturing product such as ScreenHunter (free) - this will make images that are 96dpi. You can easily:
- load your course page
- capture the slow-loading image with ScreenHunter
- delete the slow-loading image in the course
- replace it with the image you just created using ScreenHunter (or whatever product you prefer).
- with video, you can use the Page resource, instead of putting the image into a Label.
For more suggestions, you can use Google Analytics to analyse your Page Load Time (PLT) - Note: some of this is quite technical...:
- log into Google Analytics (you can do this through my.eworks if you have it linked)
- click on Behaviour> Site speed> Speed suggestions
- next to the pages listed, there is a ‘Page Speed Suggestions’ column for each page
- click on the link in that column
- a pop-up will give suggestions.
Note – you will see that there are many pages analysed!!
You can use the search box if you know what you are looking for.
If you would like to have your site connected to Google Analytics, please create a ticket - and include a gmail email address to be used for your organisation.